Sous Vide Chicken and Asparagus with Brown Butter
- Small saucepan
- Large skillet
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
- Cooking Container
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp fresh sage leaves chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 skin-on chicken breast halves deboned
- 2 tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb asparagus trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- Select sous vide mode and set the temperature to 145°F and time for 1 hour.
- Prepare the brown butter. In a small saucepan over medium, heat butter and cook until lightly browned - 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the herbs and garlic, reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Strain about 4 tablespoons of the butter into a small bowl and reserve. Strain the remainder into a separate container to reserve for serving.
- Prepare the chicken. In a small bowl, combine kosher salt and sugar. Season chicken breasts generously with the salt mixture.
- Using the reserved 4 tablespoons of brown butter, brush each chicken breast with about 1 tablespoon of butter. Place each chicken breast in a sous vide-safe bag. Vacuum tightly and seal.
- Prepare the asparagus. Place all of the asparagus, olive oil and salt to a sous vide-safe bag. Vacuum tightly and seal.
- When the water reaches set temperature, add chicken and asparagus to the water bath and press start.
- When the cooking time has ended, remove bags from water bath and open.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat vegetable oil. When oil begins to shimmer, add chicken to pan skin-side down. Sear chicken until skin is crispy and browned. Turn chicken and sear the other side until browned. If desired, slice chicken before plating.
- To serve, warm the reserved brown butter. Place asparagus on plates and top with chicken. Drizzle with brown butter.