Sous Vide French Fries
- Cast iron pan
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
- Cooking Container
- 500 grams potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2" batons
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- vegetable oil for frying
- Stir together water, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
- Put potatoes in a sous vide bag with the brine.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 381.2°F.
- Air-dry the potatoes.
- Fry at 266°F for 7 minutes.
- Drain and let cool.
- Fry for a minute at 374°F.
- Make sure to use enough oil so the temperature does not drop as you get the potatoes in, or, work in small batches.
- No need to set-up a timer. You'll know they're ready when they float on top of the oil and develop a loose blistered-like exterior.