Sous Vide Grasshopper Cheesecake
- Mason Jars
- Microwave-safe Bowl
- Mixing Bowl
- Paddle Attachment
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
- Cooking Container
- 2 large chocolate graham crackers
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 8 oz block of cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Andes Candy chocolates
Make the chocolate crust:
- Melt the 2 Tablespoons of butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Meanwhile: crush the chocolate graham crackers to almost the point of dust.
- Combine the melted butter and the chocolate graham cracker crumbs.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of the chocolate graham cracker crust to each of the 6 (4 oz) jars and press into the bottom to form a crust.
How to make grasshopper cheesecake batter:
- In a mixing bowl with the paddle attachment beat together the room temperature cream cheese and the sugar until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, allowing each egg to fully incorporate before adding the next egg.
- Add the mint extract and the 2 drops of green food coloring.
- Scrape down the bowl and give it one more stir.
Easy ganache instructions:
- In a microwave-safe cup/bowl microwave the cream for 45 seconds or until it steams. Be sure to heat the cream in a large enough container to prevent it from boiling over.
- Add the chocolate chips to the hot cream.
- Whisk until completely melted and incorporated.
How to make sous vide grasshopper cheesecakes in jars:
- Set your sous vide to 176°F.
- Add the chocolate graham cracker crust to each jar as instructed above.
- Pour the grasshopper cheesecake batter into each jar filling to midway up the threads on the jars.
- Place a lid and finger tighten a ring onto each jar.
- Lower into the sous vide bath and set the timer for 60 minutes.
- Once they cook time is up, remove the jars from the bath and allow to come to room temperature.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
How to finish sous vide grasshopper cheesecakes in jars:
- Remove the ring and the lid from the jar.
- Pour the warm chocolate ganache on each cheesecake.
- Add chopped Andes chocolates for garnish.
Tip: for extremely smooth ganache, use an immersion blender, food processor or blender to whip the ganache.