Sous Vide Kickin’ Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Large Sauce Pan
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
- Cooking Container
For the Chicken
- 3 lbs chicken breast
- 1 cup Buffalo sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Chili Lime Cholula
- 1 tsp Green Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Wraps
- 6 large lettuce leaves bibb or iceberg
- gorgonzola cheese
- shredded carrots
- celery sliced into small pieces
- blue cheese or ranch dressing
- Set the Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 150ºF.
- Trim and season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Place in a large Ziploc bag.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I use Frank's), honey, chili lime Cholula, green scotch bonnet pepper sauce, and garlic. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Use the water immersion technique to seal the bag and place in the water bath. Set your timer for 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken from Ziploc bag and reserve the liquid. Shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces using two forks.
- In a large sauce-pan, melt 1 tbsp of butter. Add the liquid from the reserved cooking liquid, 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce and the juice of 1/2 lime. Bring to a boil then simmer.
- Add the chicken to the simmering sauce and stir to coat evenly. Adjust flavor as needed.
- For the lettuce wraps, place 1/2 cup of shredded buffalo chicken into each leaf. Top with carrots, celery, gorgonzola and your dressing of choice.
Note, you can follow this same recipe using a slow cooker if you don't own a Sous Vide, but I'd still highly recommend getting one if you prefer juicy chicken.