Sous Vide Onions in Beer
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
- Cooking Container
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 yellow onions sliced thin
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup beer lager or sub broth
- Program the sous vide to 185°F.
- Add olive oil, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper to a pan on medium heat and stir for five minutes.
- Add beer and reduce to medium-low for 5 minutes.
- Pour ingredients in a vac seal bag. Sous vide at 185°F degrees for 2 hours.
- Transfer mixture to a pan on medium heat to cook out any remaining liquid. Serve hot or chilled.
- If you're adapting this recipe for sous vide pearl onions, slice them in half or leave them whole if they're very small.
- These sous vide onions are delicious on pulled pork tacos and sausage sandwiches.
- You can sub vegetable or chicken broth for the beer if desired.