Sous Vide Pork Chops Smothered Shallots and Mushrooms
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
- Cooking Container
- 4 boneless pork chops
- sea salt
- pepper oil
- 2 tbsp butter for searing
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp butter for the sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Prep your sous vide water bath. Get the temperature up to 140°F.
- Place the chops in sealed bags or Ziploc bags ensuring the bags don't touch.
- Set the timer to 2 hours.
- While the chops are bathing, chop the shallots, mushrooms, and garlic.
- When the chops are done. Remove from the bag and pat dry.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper. Sear both sides in a cast-iron skillet with butter.
- Add the butter to a skillet over medium-high heat then add the mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes; add the shallots and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute then add the flour.
- Stir the flour into the mushroom mixture until evenly coated.
- Add the chicken broth and stir constantly for 1 minute, making sure to scrape up the browned bits from the pan.
- Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.