Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin with Chili Rub
- Small Bowl
- Large skillet
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
- Cooking Container
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chipotle
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a small bowl combine the chili, chipotle, and garlic powders with the salt and pepper.
- Trim any loose pieces or extra fat from the pork and rub it down with the lemon juice.
- Coat the tenderloin with the spices, seal it inside a bag, and place it into a water bath at 133ºF for at least 1 hour and up to 3 hours.
- When the tenderloin has finished cooking, remove it from the bath, and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- To finish on the stove: sear it in a hot pan with a little olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- To serve: slice the pork into rounds around an inch thick.
- If you’re finishing it on the grill (instead of the pan), preheat the grill to medium-high and grill the tenderloin for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- The goal for either method is to use medium-high heat to develop a nice crust on the outside without overcooking the middle.