Sous Vide Steak & Potatoes
- Searing Kit
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
- Cooking Container
- 2 12 oz strip steaks
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 6 baby carrots
- 10 stalks asparagus
- 4 Cipollini onions peeled
- 1 oz unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat your sous vide machine in a large pot of water to 126°F.
- Season 2 strip steaks on both sides with salt and pepper and transfer them to a plastic zipper bag along with garlic, rosemary, and thyme and remove the air completely before closing it. Set it aside.
- In a separate bag add in the potatoes, carrots, asparagus, onions, butter, and salt and pepper and again remove the air completely before closing it.
- Place the vegetable bag into the sous vide water pot and cook for 45 minutes before adding in the steak and cooking for a further 1 hour.
- Remove the steak from the bag and set on a fire-safe work station and using a torch on high sear the steak until it is golden brown on all sides or until the desired internal temperature is achieved.
- Slice the steak and serve alongside the buttered sous vide vegetables.