Tender Sous Vide Baby Back Ribs
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
- Cooking Container
- 1 rack baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup liquid smoke
- 1/2 cup BBQ Rub
- BBQ sauce optional
- Set the sous vide machine into a water bath and set to 165⁰F.
- Cut the rack of ribs into 4 equal pieces.
- Combine the yellow mustard and the liquid smoke and brush onto both sides of the ribs.
- Sprinkle BBQ rub evenly over both sides of the ribs,
- Brush the mustard and smoke mixture onto the ribs.
- Place the rib section into vacuum bags or into heavy-duty freezer bags and remove as much of the air from your bags as you can.
- Place the sealed ribs into the sous vide setup and cook for 9 hours. For less tender ribs try 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the water when finished cooking
- Remove from the bags, do not rinse or dry off.
- Char the ribs if desired on a two zoned grill or under the broiler, if desired.
- Ribs may be coated with BBQ sauce prior to charring.
Reduce cooking time for less tender ribs.