Sous Vide Filet Mignon
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Sous Vide Immersion Circulator
- Cooking Container
- 4 1" thick filet mignons
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Set the sous vide to your desired temperature (132°F for medium-rare).
- Vacuum seal the filet mignons using your preferred method. 2 steaks per bag.
- Cook for 1 hour (for 1-inch thick steak), up to four hours.
- Remove steaks and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add oil and butter. Sear steaks 1-minute per side, tilting skillet and spooning butter over them as they cook. Serve immediately.
A delicate cut of steak, like filet mignon, needs a wine with softer tannins. Try Merlot, Chianti, Pinot Noir, or aged Cabernet.